Policies for Customers, Public and Private Events
We all enjoy the great outdoors especially with a glass of wine here at SMV. We welcome many customers during the week and especially on weekends. So, we like to take this time to direct your responsible attention to these core policies important for a fun and safe visit for you, your family and friends:
- Please do not enter any area of the vineyard or SMV buildings marked ‘private property’ or ‘SMV personnel only’. This is a large property with plenty of open space for paying customers to enjoy picnics. However, there are buildings, equipment and areas in and around the vineyard that are off limits to the public for your safety and our privacy. Please speak with a SMV staff person if you are interested in guided tours for the winery or other areas.
- Balls and frisbees are prohibited on the upper patio and all seating areas. They are only permitted east of the barrel room in the designated play area with constant parental supervision.
Please treat other customers with courtesy and respect their space for enjoying their picnicking, socializing and activities.
- SMV is a non-smoking establishment in all areas of our property.
- NO OUTSIDE BEVERAGES are permitted at any time on the premises.
- The SMV parking lot is for winery patrons only.
- Dogs are welcome. Please keep them outdoors and on a leash.
- You are welcome to bring a small picnic to enjoy outside.
- No balloons are permitted indoors or on the patios.
- Outdoor seating fills up quickly. If you plan to arrive after 1 pm on the weekend, please bring a blanket and/or lawn chair.
- Umbrellas are available during the summer, but will remain down in the event of inclement weather/wind.
- Firepits are available on winter weekends, but are weather dependent.
- Indoor seating in Tasting Room is limited. Groups of more than 4 persons are required to use outdoor tables, weather dependant. If inclement weather, we cannot accomodate large (5 or more) walk-in groups in the Tasting Room.
- We do not accept limos, buses or large groups without advance notice – please call 301.605.0130 prior to your visit to make a reservation.
- Private parties and events must be scheduled two weeks prior to an event. SMV Events fees and conditions will apply. Click here to download our Private Events scheduling and fee information or contact Susan at email@example.com or 301-605-0130.